The Twenty-First century did not bring an end to the sight of cities ruined by war: Aleppo, Grozny and Kabul, to name a few. But what happens to a city wiped out by war? Should it be rebuilt or not? Not long ago in Europe, a capital city almost vanished. Warsaw in 1945 was almost entirely destroyed. The contemplative 360° experience « After the Apocalypse » examines the miracle of the rebuilding of Warsaw, a city where life is back nowadays. What scars did its reconstruction leave in people’s minds? What emotions accompanied the unprecedented reconstruction of the city so filled with hope?
After the Apocalypse (2016)
6 min – 360° movie – spatial sound
• Courant 3D 2016, Angoulême, France.
• InterFilm 2016, Berlin, Germany.
• Soria Short Film Festival 2016, Soria, Spain.
• Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival 2017, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
• Imaginaria Festival 2017, Binéfar, Spain.